23 February 2014

I think I had a revelation today. Selfies!


I have low self-esteem. Excruciatingly low, actually. Like, the I-don't-understand-why-anyone-would-find-me-attractive kind of low. If I feel so crappy about myself, why do I take so many pictures of myself? The answer is simple.

It makes me feel good about myself

When I take a good picture, I can immortalize a moment of good self-esteem and go with it. The more good photos I have, the better I feel about myself and start to think "Hey, maybe I'm not as hideous as I think sometimes." I like to see myself look good. I mean, who doesn't? I hate photos other people take of me, so I have to figure out all my good "angles" on my own. 

People make fun of others for taking "selfies" and such, but I think that's the best way to boost your self-esteem! You find a good look, you take a picture, you save it, you post it on social media, people like it and comment on how nice it is... and it makes you want to do more. If you keep it up, you may actually start to believe what others say about you. 

I'm starting to feel happy, beautiful, lovely, pretty, confident, comfortable - in my own skin. What is this? It's a new feeling, but I know it's good.

Also, another revelation. I have struggled with my weight my whole life. I've always felt "fat" because so many around me were long, lean, and tiny. I think I also don't stick to workout plans and diets because I feel that if I'm super skinny and trim, I will attract more assholes than good people. With the extra "fluff", I can filter those ones out. The ones who like me do it for me. Of course, not everyone likes the skinny physique, which is great. I just assume, like a bigot, that they do. Apologies. And no offense to the naturally skinny or those who work their asses off to be slim. I've always been envious of you, but I know we all have the same issues inside -- insecurities, etc. Please excuse me. 

Well, basically, uh... love yourself and stuff.
Yep.

Night.

P.S. Is this not the cutest shirt??!!?? Thanks Rugged Warehouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment