01 April 2014

Treat Yourself


I've kind of been going crazy as of late. I hardly get grown-up time with just grown-ups. I don't get time to pamper myself. I don't get much of any time that doesn't center around my daughter. I know that's part of the job of parenthood. I just sometimes need "Emily" time instead of "Mommy" time. One of the simplest ways I've found to relax and pamper myself is to give myself a manicure or a pedicure (or both!) and put down all the electronics. Turn off the TV. Close the laptop. Put the phone in airplane mode.

I painted my piggies while the little was sleeping. (It's a bit difficult to do much other than quick treats -- since I co-sleep...)

Ignore the funky toes - I'm also horrible at painting nails and didn't do any cleanup!
Despite the cruddy quality of my pedicure, I did some trimming (awfully) and painting (terribly). I feel refreshed and happy that I got that little bit of time to myself. It's always nice to treat yourself. It's impossible to keep sane without a little "me" time. Everyone needs "me" time.

Go get some! Treat yourself!

P.S. - It may sound like I'm complaining.. but I'm not. I love my daughter very much. Like I said, everyone needs "me" time.

No comments:

Post a Comment