22 March 2014

Birthday Photo Shoot!



I have been planning to do a birthday photo-shoot with Mar for a few weeks/months, now -- on and off. I finally did it, but it didn't turn out exactly as planned! She kept crawling away and wanting to scurry off. It was so much fun and I'm so thankful that I had the help of Sarah from Semi Crunchy Sarah and her son! Here are some of the unofficial shots we got! (Playing around, testing, and trying to get Mar to sit still...)

I had to bribe her with the sign for "milk." Silly girl.


Nice PB, Sarah!


What I have learned about taking my daughter's portraits for her first birthday:

  • Always make sure you have help (an assistant)
  • Have multiple outfits in case one gets dirty -- or if you just want to have fun with more than one outfit!
  • Have snacks ready so you can bribe the child (if it's your child or you have permission, of course)
  • Bring a blanket or some kind of fabric - dirt is dirty. Duh!
  • Make sure you're well-rested and limber - there will be a lot of chasing. Especially if your little one can walk! (Mar is still in crawling-mode, thank goodness...)
  • It also helps to have another little one to keep your little one's focus on
  • Have something that makes noise - so you can get the little one to look at the camera. (That was a huge problem I had! She did NOT want to look at the camera!!)
  • ALWAYS. HAVE. AN. ASSISTANT.
  • Never go it alone. Always have a buddy. Seriously. I cannot reiterate this enough. Sarah saved my butt.




We always have so much fun. We had a little snack / dinner together and then went next door for frozen yogurt at Peachtree! I definitely plan on doing another shoot with Mar. This one was somewhat of a flop! We have ALL WEEK to try :)

Later, Alligator!

No comments:

Post a Comment